As you enter the next phase of your life after graduation, choosing between career training and traditional college is one of the most critical decisions you can make. Both paths offer unique benefits and opportunities, but it’s essential to consider your goals and aspirations before making a decision. In this blog, we’ll explore the differences between cosmetology school and traditional college, hoping that you can make an informed decision!
As time goes on, career training has become more and more popular. It’s a great opportunity for those seeking a more focused education. Career training programs offer several advantages that make them a great option for those looking to kickstart their careers in a specific industry!
- Costs Less: A significant advantage of career training is that it’s very cost-effective. With fewer educational requirements and shorter program durations, students can save money while still gaining the necessary skills for a long-term career.
- Focus On Career Preparedness: Our programs are designed with a clear goal in mind, and that’s to prepare our students for their future careers. Students can focus on the skills that are crucial for their chosen field, making them job-ready with the confidence they need!
- Hands-On Learning: Hands-on learning is vital when it comes to career training programs. Students have the opportunity to practice on real clients in our student salon, under the supervision of instructors. This approach helps students prepare for the real world and creates a deeper understanding of the curriculum.
- Small Class Sizes: We like to keep our classes small! We approach the classroom with a personalized experience, which allows more interaction between students and instructors.
- Shorter Process: Unlike the traditional four-year degree, career training programs can be completed in a much shorter timeframe. Some programs can be completed in just a couple of months, while others can be completed between 1-2 years.
- Specific & Relevant Curriculum: No time is wasted when it comes to learning the curriculum! Every lecture, assignment, and activity is carefully crafted to ensure students gain the precise knowledge and skills needed to excel in their chosen careers.
- Taught By Licensed Professionals: Our instructors are licensed professionals who have experience in the industry. They bring a wealth of knowledge and first-hand insights into the classroom.
- Tight-Knit Community: Because our class sizes are small, we foster a tight-knit community among students. The shared passion for beauty creates a sense of support and camaraderie throughout our school.
- Close Mentorship Opportunities: With smaller class sizes, students have the opportunity for one-on-one mentorship with their instructors. This personalized guidance can give students valuable feedback for areas of improvement.
Traditional college offers a more comprehensive and broad education experience. Pursuing a bachelor’s degree or higher in a university setting provides students with diverse learning opportunities that extend beyond their chosen major.
- More Expensive: With the added costs of textbooks, housing, and other expenses on top of tuition, universities can often be more expensive when adding the cost up over the course of four years.
- Focus On Academics: Students at traditional universities take a diverse range of courses, allowing them to gain knowledge in a wide variety of subjects. Exposure to different subjects can help students better understand their passions and interests, potentially leading to a more informed career choice.
- Most Courses Taught In Lecture Halls: While career training allows students to gain hands-on experience, university courses are mainly taught in lecture halls. While a deep understanding of the subject can be taught here, there’s nothing quite like hands-on experience.
- Longer Graduation Time: A typical undergraduate degree is four years. For more advanced career paths such as medicine or law, additional years are needed.
- Big Social Scene: The college experience allows you to take classes with hundreds of students. From joining clubs to participating in sports, traditional college offers a big social scene.
Do You Want A Career Or A Job?
Career training has the potential to provide individuals with much more than just a day job. While a job may offer temporary employment and immediate income, a career established through career training can open doors to long-term growth, job satisfaction, and personal fulfillment.
In a career, you can:
- Pursue a lifelong ambition and make a good living doing it
- Receive competitive pay
- Have job security based on skills and successful performance
- Have more opportunities for growth
- Have high demand in the market
- Establish relationships with clients who appreciate you
- Have a rewarding and life-fulfilling career
- Do what you love
Get Started With Us!
If you’re ready to pursue a career rather than just a job, don’t hesitate to contact us! At TSPA, we’re committed to helping you succeed and empowering you with the skills to thrive in the beauty industry. As you embark on this transformative journey, we are here to guide you every step of the way. We look forward to hearing from you and helping you turn your dreams into reality!