Do you have a passion for beauty and have always wanted a career in the beauty industry? Deciding which beauty school to attend is the first step to making your dream come true! This is a big decision and it’s not one you should take lightly. While we know that a beauty school tour can be daunting, we’re giving you a checklist so that you can be prepared and know what to expect!
What to Expect
A tour is a perfect opportunity to see for yourself if The Salon Professional Academy (TSPA) is right for you! Here’s what you can expect:
- Explore the campus: You’ll get to see classrooms, our salon and spa area, and any other areas relevant to the program you’re interested in. This is a great opportunity to ask questions about the facilities and equipment students use!
- Meet the staff: This is important because you’ll be able to get a sense of the experience and teaching style, which is important when deciding on a program to choose!
- See students in action: This may be you one day, so you’ll want to be sure that you can see yourself in these students’ shoes.
- Ask any questions you may have: Asking questions is vital to your tour, and can help you make the right decision.
- Meet with an admissions representative: At the end of your tour, an admissions representative will provide you with any necessary information about the admissions process.
What To Bring
When you’re planning your tour, it’s important to come prepared so that you can make the most out of your visit with us. While you aren’t required to bring anything, we do recommend a few things!
- Pen and paper: This is a great place to write down your questions before your tour. That way you can remember the questions you have, and also have a place to write down any necessary information!
- Family or friend: This is a big decision and we want you to feel supported while making it! Not only can they offer a loving hand, but they can also be an extra set of eyes and ears.
What Questions To Ask
The goal of your tour is to make an informed decision, and asking the right questions can help with that! This is your future career we’re talking about, and we don’t want to miss any information regarding your education! Here are some questions you could ask:
- What programs do you offer?
- What are the program requirements?
- What are the credentials of the instructors?
- What types of services can students perform while in school?
- What is the cost of the program?
- What is the student-to-instructor ratio?
- What type of equipment is available to students?
Tips For A Successful Tour:
We want you to get the most out of your tour, so here are some tips for success!
- Do your research: Before your tour, we always recommend doing your research. Look at our website, reviews, and social media, and familiarize yourself with our facilities. This can help you know what questions to ask during your tour.
- Dress to impress: First impressions are usually made within the first few minutes of meeting someone. You want to make a good impression, so dress to impress!
- Get a good night’s sleep: This is essential for everyday life, but important before a big day! There are lots of benefits to getting a good night’s sleep like a better mood, reduced stress, and better cognitive function.
- Don’t be afraid to ask all the questions: Asking questions is an essential part of your tour, as we’ve said. It can help clarify any information and ensure you have a full understanding of what we can offer you.
- Take good notes: Your notes can be a good reference for later. Chances are you won’t remember everything that happened during the tour, which is why we recommend you bring a pen and paper!
Ready To Schedule A Tour?
Are you ready to pursue your dreams and schedule your beauty school tour? Contact us and let’s get something scheduled! We’re excited to meet you and can’t wait to help you follow your passions!