Tricks and tips for healthier hair at home
Can’t afford an expensive hair mask or treatment from a salon? Well you might have a treatment at home closer than you think that you can make with the ingredients from your fridge. These inexpensive tricks will condition your brittle dried out locks leaving you with much healthier hair than you had before.
1. Mash up an avocado with one egg then apply to wet hair leave on for 20 minutes then rinse several times. Avocados are rich in vitamins, essential fatty acids and minerals that will help restore luster to the hair.
2. Massaging butter into your hair in small amounts will add shine. Leave on for 20n minutes then shampoo and condition as usual.
3. Put moisture back into dry hair by warming up ½ cup olive oil and rubbing it into hair. Wrap in plastic or towel and leave on for 45 minutes then shampoo and completely rinse.
4. Tea can give hair a natural shine and also enhance hair color. Use a quart of warm unsweetened tea as a final rinse after regular shampoo.
5. Mixing an egg with your shampoo can add protein back to the hair.
6. Before the beach or after a swim protect hair from harsh elements/chemicals with homemade rinse of ¼ cup apple cider mixed with ¾ cup water to help cleanse hair.