Prom can be such a fun part of high school. Finding a date, finding the perfect dress or suit, getting ready with your friends, and most importantly…the dance! Making the night memorable shouldn’t be too difficult. However, doing it all on a budget can be. That’s we, The Salon Professional Academy(TSPA), San Jose, have put together a guide on how to enjoy prom without breaking the bank!
The preparation before prom can be the most expensive part. Do not fret, we have tips and tricks on how to experience prom from the very beginning without spending too much.
Hair and Makeup
There are a couple of ways you can look like a million bucks without spending it. Go to a local cosmetology school for your hair, makeup, and nails! Book with TSPA San Jose today so we can help you look amazing for your amazing night!
In fact, if you schedule your appointment in our student salon training area you can take advantage of our amazing prom special. For a limited time we are offering a hairstyle service and makeup for only $67! This includes the perfect updo for prom, with braids, curls and so much romance your heart might burst. Add in our beautifully applied makeup and this is sure to be a night you won’t forget!
Schedule your appointment today and get ready to wow them all!
Finding a Dress or Tuxedo
Looking your best is a very important part of prom. You can look your best and still stay on your budget!
- Borrow a dress or a suit from a friend or a relative. Chances are you’re not the first person to attend a prom.
- Rent a dress or suit. No need to buy an expensive dress that you most likely will only wear once.
- Buy a vintage dress. Visit your local thrift store! You might find the perfect dress that is unique and even better, cheap!
- Make your own dress or suit. Wearing something that you made will not only save you money but will be so satisfying when everyone is gushing over your look.
Renting a limo can be too expensive. It doesn’t matter what gets you to the party, the only thing that matters is that you get there.
- Have a family member or a friend be your chauffeur! Make it fun and have them dress up as well.
- Ride with friends with whatever car you can take! When you’re with your friends, any situation can be fun and special.
- Look around your community. See if your local activity center has a bus you can borrow. Dress it up and arrive in style.
No matter how much money you do or don’t spend, the most important thing to do is to have fun! Prom can be a very special part of high school. Make it a positive experience for you and your friends! We love being able to be apart of the excitement of prom. Book an appointment with us today! From all of us here at The Salon Professional Academy, San Jose, we hope you have a magical prom!
All services provided by students under the supervision of licensed professionals.