Are you thinking about becoming a esthetician with the help of The Salon Professional Academy in San Jose. Choosing to work in the career of skincare is amazing, and with the skin care industry to reach $11 Billion dollars by 2018, you can bet you will have a sustainable and fun career.
Not sure exactly what an esthetician does? We have an informative list of what a skincare specialist does day to day. Check it out below!
Typical Day for Skincare Specialists
Here is a list of tasks that Skincare Specialists do every day.
- Sterilize equipment and clean work areas.
- Examine clients’ skin, using magnifying lamps or visors when necessary, to evaluate skin condition and appearance.
- Cleanse clients’ skin with water, creams, or lotions.
- Demonstrate how to clean and care for skin properly and recommend skin-care regimens.
- Select and apply cosmetic products such as creams, lotions, and tonics.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Skincare Specialists do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Stay abreast of latest industry trends, products, research, and treatments.
- Refer clients to medical personnel for treatment of serious skin problems.
- Remove body and facial hair by applying wax.
- Apply chemical peels to reduce fine lines and age spots.
- Advise clients about colors and types of makeup and instruct them in makeup application techniques.
Okay, you read all the fun facts, now it is time to set up your TSPA tour. Please give us a ring at (408) 579-9111 or send us an email . We look forward to seeing you at The Salon Professional Academy in San Jose.